As a qualified Intrinsic Biomechanics Trainer, Paul can test your alignment and supply corrective exercises to improve your sporting performance, help prevent injuries and nullify recurring pain.
Intrinsic Biomechanics can help to prevent injuries by ensuring good movement patterns as well as help managing a wide range of issues including:
- Back pain
- Ke=nee or shoulder problems
- Posture issues
- General movement restrictions
- Recovering from injury/surgery.
I Move Freely is a series of low grade exercise techniques which have been designed following 25 years of research, into a logical, evidence based system that makes exercise prescription safer. It does this by improving movement ability which reduces risk using a very simple pyramid approach to exercise.
Previously these techniques have only been available to high level athletes but they are now increasingly being recognised as the fundamental basics for anyone wishing to achieve the ability to move freely.
The programme has three distinct phases:
- Preparation and Capacity – provides low grade, subtle techniques to affect the 3 sub-systems and create capacity by using anti-spasm and nerve mobilisation exercises.
- Stability and Control – requires the pelvis and spine realignment achieved through stage 1, then specific, periodised core training which creates a good balanced base of support around the entire trunk creating confident control.
- Function and Performance – Strengthens the shoulders, knees and feet to allow better ‘function’ to be ‘fit for purpose.
All of which reduces risk and optimises performance ability.
The I Move Freely exercises are part of the Intrinsic Biomechanics programme. This involves an initial assessment to identify where there are restrictions in movement. An individualised set of easy to do exercises are then provided and progress is monitored regularly.
For further information on how this programme can benefit you, please give Paul a ring on 0780 0780 039.